Monday, July 15, 2013

Little League Natitude

It's mid-July now but my blog is still living on June-time. Ooops.

Every June, Charlie's little league offers discounted tickets to a Nats game - in the highest, furthest seats in the house - and it's always been one of our favorite traditions. We buy up 8 tickets and go with our besties, the Allens. We fill up on beer, Jenny and I share soft pretzels and the guys down Ben's Chili Bowl dogs and the kids insist that we wait in the huge line for Dippin' Dots. And as is custom with home-played Sunday games, after the game, the kids run the bases high-fiving all the President mascots. It is always such a fun day!

Sadly, this year was a bit different than our usual routine. The Allens moved to Louisiana just two days before this game, so we went solo. Boo. :( And due to all the rain this season, the Nats had to make up a game with a double header so the kids running the bases was cancelled. But, on the brighter side, this was the first year that Henry did not freak out and monkey-cling to me the entire game.
2013-07-14_0002
2013-07-14_0003
Doesn't get any higher than the 400 level! BALLERS!!! :)
2013-07-14_0004
I have to be honest. My very first taste of a Ben's Chili Bowl dog was a bite off Mike's at a game a few weeks before this one. It was amazing -- even though I'm told it doesn't count as my first because it wasn't from the original place on U street. Feigning over that one bite, I got my very own at this game and it was totally delicious. Although, I forgot to get napkins. Fail. And a knife and fork. Fail. And I ordered it without mustard which is not "all the way". Fail. And I couldn't eat it all. Fail.
2013-07-14_0005
Thanks to my girl, Siri, I got in some reverse camera shots! Hey, look! It's me with my favorites!!
2013-07-14_0001
Why is Charlie cheering??? The Nats had just scored their sixth run which hooked us up with 6 free wings per ticket at Hard Times Cafe! YAY! Charlie's favorite!!
2013-07-14_0006
What do you do when you're three at a major league game?? Climb all over the seats, of course! And be adorable.
2013-07-14_0007
The Dippin' Dots. Always the Dippin' Dots.
2013-07-14_0008
Since it was the little league's game, most of Charlie's team was there which meant Charlie had lots of friends to hang with. He even spent some time sitting next to his awesome Coach.

I think it's virtually impossible for 9 year old boys to make sweet, smiling faces at the camera.
2013-07-14_0009
NATS WIN!!!! Go Nats!!!
2013-07-14_0010
And more of Henry being adorable!
2013-07-14_0011

No comments:

Post a Comment