Friday, May 10, 2013

Body by Smoothies & God's Good Graces

I'm a thin woman. When God made me, He decided I didn't need breasts like all the other women in the world. Nope, He thought, "a rib cage is just enough chest for this one"...  But, He did do me a solid and hooked me up with some pretty stellar metabolism. And so far in life, I've tried not to take that gift for granted by exercising or eating vegetables. In fact, I like to honor this God-given gift by regularly challenging my metabolism with coffee, chocolate chip cookies, whole bags of chips and bottles of wine. I mean, do the lovely-breasted women just spite God's kindnesses and have reductions? No! This is how I honor Him. 

However, I've recently made a change to my diet. Yup. I'm drinking smoothies now. I'm that girl. The one who drinks smoothies. With SPINACH in them.

Why the change? Why purposely drink spinach? 

Well, being thin does not exactly mean I'm healthy and fit. I mean, coffee and chips and cookies are pretty much amazing but that section at the bottom of the packages with all the vitamin and nutrient stats...? Well... those are always zeroes. That can't be good, right? 
2013-05-10_0001
So, smoothies are here to put nutritious things back into my body without me having to actually sit down with a knife and fork. Don't worry. I'm not going to turn into a crazy health nut. I'm still never going to start running. {shudder}

If you'd like a recipe for a pretty solid-tasting smoothie recipe chock-full of legit "super foods", here is mine:

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 heaping handful of spinach
1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
1 spoonful almond butter
1 spoonful honey
Enough coconut water to get the blender to work


Smoothie-1143

Enjoy!!!

1 comment: